What’s the number of voicemail? How can I listen to my messages from another mobile or land line phone?
- If you are dialing from your own telephone, the number is 14077, and if you wish to call from another phone, you need to dial 14078. If you are calling from abroad, dial +38214078. When you call from another number, the system will ask you for your telephone number and your password.
Initial password for accessing your mailbox is 0000. We suggest you change it to protect your privacy.
How can I divert all my calls to voicemail?
- Universal GSM code for diverting all your calls to voicemail is
*21*phone number you wish to divert to# OK
Note: in order to divert your calls to voicemail, 14077, you need to activate this service.
What should I do when “Who Called Me” service does not work?
- You should check if your voicemail is active, because one is connected to the other. If one is inactive, the other one is inactive, too.
I’m unable to call anyone from my prepaid number, but they can call me. What should I do?
- You should check your phone, in Settings > Calls; find the option “show my caller ID”; this option should be activated; now try to make a call.
Can I ban certain numbers from calling me and sending messages to me?
- Our network does not have this option; you can do it only if your phone has this option.
What’s the number of SMS center for sending text messages?
- On your phone, in messages, choose SMS Settings>Service center and enter +38267100100. Define this center as the primary one.
What should I do when my SIM card is blocked?
- After your card has been blocked, “Enter PUK” will appear on your screen; to unblock, just enter PUK code and press OK. Then, enter new PIN code and then confirm it.
Note: If you enter a wrong PUK ten times in a row, your SIM card cannot be used ever again.
How can I find out my PUK code?
- at http://www.t-mobile.me/mojTMobile.aspx, where you need to enter your username,
- visit our T-Center or
- call 1500.
How can I find out the IMEI number (serial number of my device)?
- Type *#06# on your display.
I cannot use “Send me credit” service (postpaid2prepaid). What should I do?
- Call 1500 to check if the service is activated; also, check the format in which you are trying to make the transfer (it can only be done with 5, 10 and 20 EUR).
- Check if the daily top-up limit has been exceeded.
How can I activate “Call waiting” option?
Call waiting is a service available to all T-Mobile users; you can activate it by entering *43# OK.
How can I set my phone to using Internet and MMS service?
- Call 1500, select option 3 and you’ll get the settings for your telephone. Follow the instructions from the message you get carefully and check if your phone already has settings made for another network. If that is the case, you should delete the existing settings and repeat the procedure (ask for the settings again).
In case you fail again, visit our T-Center and we’ll set it for you manually.
How can I choose a network manually while I’m in roaming?
While in roaming, in your phone’s setting, find “networks>network selection” and switch from “automatic” to “manual” network search.
Menu>Settings>Network setting>network selection>manual; your phone will search for networks and then choose the one you want.
Menu>Settings>Connections>Mobile networks>Searching options>Manual>Chose network; your phone will search for networks and then choose the one you want.
Menu>Settings>Connections>Network>Network selection>select Manual; your phone will search for networks and then choose the one you want.
I am travelling to the USA; can I use my phone there?
- You need to have a 3Band phone (900, 1800 I 1900 MHz).
Do I pay for the calls towards 1500 from roaming?
- Yes, you are charged for calls towards 1500, no matter if you are a postpaid or a prepaid user.